Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Officially Grown-Ups!

We FINALLY did it! 

Eric and I both graduated from BYU last Friday. It seems like it took us forever but looking back the college years just flew by. Eric graduated with a degree in Information Systems.  ISYS is basically a half business, half computer degree. Pretty much, Eric is a genius! Sometimes I just look at his computer and what he is working on and get a head ache.  It's very techy but he loves it and is so good at it.  
 

 I graduated with a degree in Advertising! I loved my major so much.  I couldn't have picked a better one for me, it was just a perfect fit.  I felt like it was still a little business but I could also use my artistic side as well.  I worked on some really fun projects and made great friends in my major.



After much debate over whether to "walk" or not, we decided we might as well. Besides, it would be fun doing it together and we both found a cap and gown to borrow. haha  Eric walked in the communications convocation with me because we thought it would be a bit shorter than the business one. It was a crazy day, but I am really glad we did it.

The ceremony was (way too) long. I thought we just walked across the stage, grabbed our degree and threw our hats in the air legally blonde style.  It didn't go quite like that but pretty close.

Luckily there were some great speakers that gave excellent advice.  Here's what we gleaned from it all-

  • The place to be happy is wherever you are
  • The time to be happy is now
  • The only way to be happy is to make someone else happy


I especially love the last one.  I truly believe that happiness comes when you are serving others.  If I was ever having a bad day or sad when I was younger my mom would say, " Go around the neighborhood and see what you can do for others. You'll forget about your problems and feel a lot happier after". Words of wisdom from Mama Pen Pen.



We had a prefect sunny day! Later that afternoon we celebrated with a fantastic BBQ, so nice weather was much needed. We love when Tommy Boy and Jilly Doll come to town.  We are always laughing when we are with them and so sad when they leave.  It was fun to spend time with his tiny grandma Tamara too.


I was so happy Pen Pen made it for the graduation! She does not like driving South (from Draper) or sitting through long ceremonies so she must love us and I was so glad she came!

Kyle was at the top of the stairs when we were walking out-such a fun surprise!

 Rochelle and Visha made it too!  We have such a supportive family and are so grateful for all of them!


It was so fun graduating together! We both absolutely loved attending Brigham Young University and will cherish the memories we made while in college. After all, it's where we found each other. At the same time, we are ready to move on to the next chapter in our lives and make new memories together!

7 comments:

  1. kimmi. you are GORGEOUS. and congratulations to you and eric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Love the blog! We went on our honeymoon to Costa Rica, too! Crazy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so great! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading these blog posts, and I am so impressed with your camera skills! photo shoot soon! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are so happy for you both. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy I found your cute blog! congrats! we miss BYU!! so excting! xoxo
    http://aaronkarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! congrats! and you are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete