Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Cake Cutting Ceremony

Last night we went to the most adorable "Gender Revealing Party". It was the first party of this type I've ever been to and it was so much fun! Lately on pinterest there have been a lot of clever ways to announce the gender of the baby but this is by far my favorite. 

One of my most darling and dearest friends, Merkel, and her husband Josh are expecting a baby bumpkin! They went to her ultrasound appointment Tuesday afternoon and had the doc put the gender of the baby in a sealed envelope without letting them find out what it is.  They took the envelope to a bakery and had them make the cake pink or blue so that when they cut into it they would find out with everybody else what they were having!  



We started with a BBQ and everyone was anxiously waiting for them to cut into the cake. I don't know how Merk waited so long! I would die with anticipation.

Cute McCall wondering pink or blue??

My bestie Mal and her baby Kai....I love that all my friends are having babies!

It was so fun to see cute Dez too, it had been way too long!

The nervous mommy-to-be about to find out...
And the baby is..... (drumroll)

A GIRL!!!!!
Such a happy moment! It was SO fun to see their reactions and be a part of something so exciting!
 Click here to see a clip of the gender revelation


That baby girl is so lucky to be coming to Josh and McCall, they are going to be such wonderful parents! I'm so grateful for my life long friends and the fun we have going through each new part of life with one another...especially when it makes me an aunt :)

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! And you changed your blog design. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you got to go to a gender-reveal party! I am always too anxious to know, but maybe someday I'll do something like this! Hope you and Eric are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea!!! they are darling! xo
    http://aaronkarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete