Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Week

I can't believe we have been here a week already! The past seven days have been a whirlwind- learning the names of train stops such as "Huttledorferstrasse", walking a lot, eating at cafe's,  apartment hunting (thank goodness for google maps), and sore feet. I may never wear heels the entire time I am here!



This past week, Eric would go into work for a few hours each morning and then we would take off to see potential apartments/flats. We saw around ten different places and on Thursday we finally found the perfect one for us!  It is a fantastic apartment and in a great part of town. While walking the streets of Vienna to find each apartment we would pass alleys lined with flower boxes... love.



We would turn corners and see places like this! Just amazing, beautiful, majestic architecture. It feels like you've gone back in time for a split second.



Eric would mostly see a bench to sit on... ha!



One night we stopped for dinner at Cafe. F. Wortner. It was a charming cafe with chandeliers, Norah Jones and Michael Buble music, and the nicest waitress from Croatia.






 I went with the bacon wrapped goat cheese salad. Possibly the best salad I've ever had! They love cheese and bread here.  I am not complaining.


Eric went a little more Viennese and ordered the most popular item on the menu. We were a little surprised with what came out, but he liked it.



On a rainy night we went to Artis International, a movie theatre that plays films in their "OV" original version.  It was in the middle of downtown Vienna and a beautiful building.  We love movies so we were very happy to find we could see movies in English. They even had popcorn and drinks! We were SO thrilled.  I thought for sure that was going to be one of the sacrifices when moving here, but I was wrong.  Surprisingly the concessions were cheaper than in the U.S.  Tender Mercies :)







3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing experience for you both! It is absolutely gorgeous there, maybe if Cody and I hit the jackpot we will have to come visit! ;) But I am so excited for you and excited to hear about your new adventures!! Keep us posted. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha what a funny "most popular" item!! I love you in the head scarf, too cute! I hope you had a great time!! Darling blog, happy I came across it! Have a great week!!

    Toodles,
    Twirling Clare
    twirlingclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric's meal looks sooo weird! haha. Thank goodness they have a movie theatre with popcorn and drinks that is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete