Monday, March 4, 2013

ONE LAST LOOK


Before winter is gone all together, I wanted to post about a few things we've been up to these past cold days. Last week, we had another huge snow storm in Vienna. Apparently it hasn't snowed so much in the city in years. I am crossing my fingers that it was the last of the winter snow and that we are "March-ing" into spring. :) This last weekend has been so sunny. It made my heart so happy! I just can't wait for days of running outside, picnics, and bike rides. I LOVE warm weather.


Last Monday (for fhe) we went to a really fun Jazz Concert! Our friend, Csaba, is an unbelievable musician and was performing in a group with a bass player, pianist, and singer. He played the saxophone and clarinet. The group was awesome and performed jazz pieces all written by Jewish composers. If you don't know, I love love love jazz. What made it even more enjoyable was that all the songs they sang were in English and I recognized almost all of them. 


It was in a really cool venue! The walls were covered in newspaper and artwork. It was small and reminded me of The Velour back in Provo, Utah.


During February, Vienna had Restaurant Week! It is when you can visit some of the top restaurants for a discounted price. There were over 60 restaurants participating. Some of my friends were going to Chamäleon, a Swiss Fondue restaurant for lunch one day. I couldn't make it because of work, but I still wanted to try it, so Eric and I went for dinner. There was a really nice ambiance in the little restaurant. The owner was a super nice guy from Switzerland. The deal included a five course meal. Normally it included alcoholic beverages, but we told the owner we don't drink alcohol and he swapped the drinks out for a couple of different juices! He was so nice! 


We weren't crazy about the cheese pot. It was obviously very authentic Swiss fondu, not like the Melting Pot back in Utah! But it was a great experience and the rest of the meal was delicious!



You can't go through February without having a little Valentines Day Party! We had some friends over for dinner and played the "Newly Wed Game". I love playing this game with a group of couples. It always makes for a lot of laughs. We had so much fun.



So all in all it was a great Winter. However, I won't be complaining about going outside without layers and layers on! I have new summer shoes I am dying to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment