Wednesday, July 17, 2013

IRELAND!

GALWAY...

For as long as I can remember, (or more likely since the time I watched the movie, P.S. I Love You) I have wanted to go to Ireland! I imagined rolling green hills with patches of flowers and sheep and people that could say anything with their delightful accent and I would just grin. Well I have a pretty good imagination because all of that was 100% right! Our 5 day trip to Ireland is on the top of my list of trips we have taken. 

Our awesome friends, Brad and Shanna are traveling pro's. After a marathon of hanging out together for 4 days straight, Shanna mentioned the great deal on flights they bought to Ireland and that we should see if they were still available. We did, they were, and so for only 50 Euro's each we booked tickets and tagged along. I was ecstatic!

One of the reasons the flights were so cheap is because they were out of Bratislava. So early Friday morning we took the hour and a half bus ride to the Bratislava airport and then got on our flight to Dublin. The ride from the airport to the rental car place could have been out of a movie. I was literally holding in giggles from the incredibly thick irish accent our driver had and the fact that he saw one of his buddies "Shawn" walking down the side of the road and hollered for him to hop in and hitch a ride. I could hardly understand them but I caught bits and pieces of their conversation talking about the football game that had just happened. It was the best 5 minute car ride ever.

 Anyways, we picked up the car and Brad took the wheel on the right/wrong side. He got the hang of it right away and we were off. We decided to go "old-school" style and not use a gps, just maps and signs. I loved it, it made it more of an adventure, besides the roads were really easy to follow.

Our first town was Galway. At all the little towns we stayed there were tons and tons of Bed & Breakfasts so we would walk around and find the one with the best feel and price and drop our stuff off before going out exploring. 










Before we left Brad told us he planned on eating fish n' chips everyday... and we did. We were right on the coast so it would have been a tragedy not to. We got a local tip that the best fish n' chips in Galway were at Mc Donagh's. They were delicious!

















2 comments:

  1. This place had my heart & I've never even been there! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmi I am so jealous of your fun adventures! All of these Ireland pictures are beauuuutiful!

    ReplyDelete