Monday, April 9, 2012

Rugby Fans

When Eric and I decided to finally tie the knot, BOTH of my brothers were out serving missions.  Kory, the younger of the two, had luckily met Eric before he left to Everett, WA. But our courtship, (break-up), engagement, and wedding all took place while Kyle was still serving in Buenos Ares, Argentina.  He was a little shocked to say the least when I wrote to him that I was getting married to a boy he had never met.  Like the overly very protective brother he is, he had a lot to say about the matter! The truth is, he never liked the boys I dated and took around the family. I couldn't win. No matter how hard they tried, he was not impressed.

So Eric wrote Kyle and expressed how much he loved me and would take care of me. I think that helped a little, but the family still gave Eric a hard time about the possibility of getting punched when my brother walked off the plane from his mission. I knew they would be instant friends, and they were! We can all thank Call Of Duty for some brotherly bonding time. That's all we will ever thank it for though. haha

Meet Kyle Robert Sumsion:


Yep. He's an animal. He plays Rugby for BYU, is an incredible athlete, and an even better brother.  We love going to his rugby games! Half the time I have no clue what is going on, but in my defense it's kind of a confusing sport. It's basically a mix between soccer, football, and sometimes they lift players in the air like cheerleaders.  Eric knows more about it now than I do so that helps. Saturday was really fun because we played against our rivals, University of Utah.  So far this season we have just dominated every game, but Saturday was some tough competition.  In the end Cougars held onto the Wasatch Cup by beating the Utes 38-22!

Me and my honey!



 You'd never guess he's my "little" brother-what a stud!


After the game it was finally time to make Easter Treats! I had been brain storming all week for a cute treat we could make to share with neighbors and our nursery babes.  This is what I finally decided on-


Caramely. Gooey. Crunchy. Sweet. Salty. Puffed Pop-corn
Need I say more?

  Its name should just be "The Kimmi Treat".  I'm not a huge fan of candy. I'm not really a big fan of chocolate either. If we ever stop at a gas station Eric will go for the licorice, gummy bears, and nasty blue shark gummies straight away. I'll almost always grab some white cheddar popcorn or a rice crispy treat. Everyone would choose this stuff if it was legal in gas stations. We had to bag it up right away to keep from eating ourselves sick (and 4000 calories).  


 Shaking it in double brown paper bags is the best way to go.  It makes a boat load.  


 We picked up some super cute easter bags at Zurchers, added a little pink food coloring and Voila!

Ah I love making treats!


 Caramel Puffed Corn: 

Brace yourself-
1 large bag of barrel of fun corn pops (found in the chip aisle)
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 1/2 C. light karo syrup
3/4 tsp. salt
1 C. sweetened condensed milk
1 C. butter

Melt sugar, syrup, salt, and milk over low heat. It will take a while so be patient, then boil 2-3 minutes. Add butter and boil 2 more minutes. Pour over the popcorn in the brown paper bag and shake shake shake!






4 comments:

  1. I cannot look at this recipe, because I will make it every week if I do!!! And oh my I don't know how I haven't been looking at all your new posts...what a studdly little bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute treat!!! it looks delicious.
    happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those treats are the BEST! I seriously crave them from time to time.. a long with every other delicious thing you've ever made for us.;) LOVE your blog Kimmi girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm let me make your life easier and tell you to use the microwave....my recipe is about the same as yours , I use 1 cup Brown sugar, 1 cup karo syrup, 1 cup real butter, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1sp salt in large microwavable bowl , stirring every couple of minutes until soft ball stage then add 1 tsp vanilla and stir until dissolve pour over puffed popcorn [chesters is the easiest to find at walmart but there are others] I usually need a couple of bags then stir real good until coated and that's it. hey this is the best treat right no picking kernels out of teeth. Making some tomorrow to go camping at Silver Creek Plunge in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete