Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

Eric and I love to travel, pin exotic places to go, and plan out vacations. Even before we got married we would research, price out, and plan trips.  I remember when we first started dating we planned to live in Hawaii for a month and take a week long luxury train vacation.  Sadly, neither of those happened, but we plan on making many exotic travels in the years ahead... and I know my dad will appreciate the fact that we will now be traveling as a married couple.

However, there's also a big part of me that just LOVES to be home. Everyday when we walk in the door from work and school I say,"oh I just love our house". We are so grateful to live where we do. Sometimes just staying home for a weekend is more relaxing than going out of town. This past weekend was just that.

Friday night Eric was craving some chili. We loooove chili, especially because when there's just two of you, it's the meal that keeps on giving. :) So we made the dreaded trip to Wally's World and picked up all the essentials....plus some IBC cream soda and Hawaiian Kettle Style Sweet Onion chips. Killer Combo. Anyways, this is one of the best chili's I've ever had. It's as Eric says, "chili that will put some hair on your chest".  It's a tiny lot a bit spicy. But the secret ingredient to counter all the spice is a packet of Hot Chocolate. Yep! Plus it's made with ground turkey so it's a win win.


 I always check allrecipes.com when looking up a new dish.  The comments people leave are always so helpful, and they give all the recipe's a rating out of 5 stars. This chili is a 5 out of 5! Just a tip from experience: combine all the spices in a small bowl before you start.  There's a few of them so it will make your life a lot easier.

 Naturally we had to have a little corn bread to go along side our chili. One should not be had without the other. I usually like to make it from scratch but ever since I cracked open my "Our Best Bites" cookbook I haven't been able to resist trying every recipe. They are all delicious. This recipe was super quick, easy, and made a ton! My only complaint was that it was a little too delicious. It tasted exactly like a Twinkie! Obviously not a bad thing, but I like my corn bread a little more corny.  Still- it made for a great compliment to our chest hair giving chili.


... guess what we are having for lunch tomorrow?


3 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate? interesting!!!
    yum i love chili and corn bread too.
    i want to go on a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have made chili with cocca powder in it once! Love the new bog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS!! I obviously can't take any credit haha but I love it too!

    ReplyDelete